The key to great naps, happy babies, and nighttime sleep.
Optimal wake time is something that is often overlooked when managing a baby’s day, yet it is a vital ingredient to getting your baby to nap well.
So what is optimal wake time? It is the ideal time a baby can stay awake at one time without becoming overly tired.
Optimal Wake Time also ensures baby is getting enough daytime sleep which is crucial to getting a full night’s sleep.
Here are a couple of wake time related tidbits that are important to remember:
- Wake times can vary from cycle to cycle throughout the day for the same baby
- 5 minutes can make all the difference
- Watch for sleep cues at the beginning of Optimal Wake time window, and put baby down when you see them
- If you don’t see sleep cues, put the baby down 10 minutes before the end of Optimal Wake time window
- If you hit Optimal Wake Time for your baby, they will go down easy, sleep a full nap, and should wake up happy